OUR MAIN CONCERNS and our priorities as civil society
List of main concerns jointly submitted to the CEDAW Committee by the Italian Platform “30 years CEDAW: work in progress” and the organizations who jointly submitted the Shadow Report on Women’s drug dependence, HIV/AIDS and the criminal justice system.
- Establishment of an independent institution for human rights and women’s rights, not as designed in the draft bill adopted by the Council of Ministers 03.05.2011.
- To guarantee universal and secular access for women to sexual and reproductive rights.
- To guarantee a code of ethics for all mass-media to combat a stereotyped portrayals of women and girls.
- More protection, economic measures and non discrimination of women’s family rights as a consequence of separation and divorce.
- To guarantee the existence of independent and secular shelters through stable funding and to promote the creation of new ones.
- To guarantee reparation for all and the protection for high-risk survivors of gender violence.
- To guarantee fundamental rights (work, health, education, protection from violence) of women belonging to vulnerable and disadvantaged groups, especially women deprived of their personal freedom.
- No discrimination based on sexual orientation. Acknowledgment of fundamental social and civil rights to LGBTQI people.
- No criminalization of free and voluntary (indoor and outdoor) prostitution. Labour rights for sex workers.
 Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, queer, intersexual people.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.